Passengers travelling to Thailand, please note
• Who can travel? Travel to Thailand is open for all Indians, whether vaccinated or not. Fully vaccinated travellers are exempt from quarantine and must carry their vaccination certificate, administered at least 14 days before departure. Covishiled, Covaxin are accepted. Starting May 1, 2022, the mandatory RTPCR COVID test that fully-vaccinated travellers were required to take upon arrival and the SHA+ Hotel booking will no longer be required.
Pre-registration or app requirements:: All travellers must carry insurance with minimum coverage of 10,000 to 20,000 USD Thailand Pass application will still be required to verify insurance and vaccination status but the processing time will be much quicker. All travellers must apply for the Thailand Pass from Thai Embassy at least 7 days before departure. From 18 April 2022 onwards the validity of the Thailand Pass QR Code has been revised from the initial 72 hours to +/- 7 (seven) days. The revised validity of 7 days is applicable for both, before and after the date of travel as initially stipulated on the Thailand Pass QR Code. The new entry requirements are expected to start on May 1, 2022. For those who are arriving on May 1 or later, the Thailand Pass system is currently suspended. You can apply on April 29, 2022. The Thailand Pass website will accept applications under new entry measures starting 29 April 2022 onwards (00.01 hrs Thailand time). Travellers whose Thailand Pass has already been issued can travel with the issued QR Code and they do not need to register for a new Thailand Pass. All Thailand Pass QR codes issued are applicable for only one-time entry into Thailand and should not be re-used.
• COVID test/vaccination/quarantine requirements: For Bangkok and Pattaya: Fully vaccinated travellers can apply for a Thailand pass under Test & Go. They must book 'SHA extra plus hotel' with Test & Go package for day 1 (arrival day) which should include accommodation, airport pick up and 1 RT-PCR test. They can go anywhere in Thailand after receiving negative result on Day 2. All travellers must perform second test on day 5 by a self-ATK method and must report the result via the Morchana application. Pre-payment is not required for second test. For Phuket: Fully vaccinated travellers can apply for Thailand pass under TEST & GO. They must book 'SHA Extra plus hotel' for day 1 (arrival day). It is mandatory to pre book 1 RT-PCR test for day 1 (arrival date) from https://www.thailandpsas.com. They are free to go anywhere in Thailand after receiving a negative result on day 2. They must perform second test on day 5 by a self-ATK method and must report the result via the Morchana application. Prepayment is not required for second test. From May 1, 2022: Fully vaccinated travellers will no longer be required to undergo RTPCR upon arrival. A self-ATK test is only recommended during their stay. They do not need to book SHA+ hotel. Upon completing entry processing at the airport, they can proceed to their chosen accommodation. Children below 18 years of age traveling with a fully vaccinated parent can enter Thailand on the same entry scheme as the parent. Whereas non-vaccinated travellers entering Thailand, they must stay in an AQ (Alternate Quarantine) accommodation for 5 days and undergo the RT-PCR Test on Day 5. Non vaccinated travellers must take a predeparture test 72 hours before travel. The pre-departure test
must be uploaded in the Thailand Pass only.
• Quarantine requirements: Fully-vaccinated travellers do not have to quarantine. Non-vaccinated travellers must quarantine for 5 days on arrival in an AQ (Alternate Quarantine) accommodation and undergo the RT-PCR Test on Day 5.
• List of accepted vaccines: All WHO-approved vaccines including Covishield, Covaxin and Sputnik.
Some airlines may have different eligibility criteria for certain visa categories. Please check the detailed guidelines for both your chosen destination and airline before planning your travel. Know More
A Note on Guidelines
• While we do our best to get you the latest information, sometimes the same is not possible due to the rapidly evolving nature of current events. Please note, it is the sole responsibility of the passenger to ensure his or her eligibility to enter the destination or transit countries (as applicable). We accept no liability in this regard. Please check the travel rules of all regulatory websites prior to booking as well as commencing travel.