Posted by VACATION ORGANIZER on December, 11, 2019
The state of Rajasthan looks ethereal with its historical monuments and palaces, cultures and traditions, colorful costumes of the residents, and of course those golden sands. The land of Rajputs still reverberates with their luxury of style and dignity. Spending a week's time into this golden escape is truly an unforgettable journey for everyone, especially when you are on the ‘Palace on Wheels’. This train is dedicated to serving you while you travel through the golden backdrop of Rajasthan.
Out of the many attractive tours of Rajasthan, the palace on wheels luxury train tour in India offers a memorable journey to the tourists through the beauty of Rajasthan. The entire palace on wheels tour is jointly operated by the RTDC (Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation) and the Indian Railways. This luxury train tour starts from New Delhi and trips through Rajasthan, UP, and MP, and finally ends at New Delhi again. But it is the train itself which makes your journey special.
Background of Palace on Wheels:
This luxury train was started to roll in 1982 on the day of 26th January. It has a gorgeous past too. In independent India, such extravagant trains were to be used by the Hyderabad Nizams, Rajputanas of Gujarat and British India’s Viceroy, who used to make private tours through such luxury trains. After the independence of India, such trains got parked for near about 35 years. And, after that in 1982, ‘Palace on Wheels’ launched as a tourist train.
Later, the state government made a lot of infrastructural changes to the train but retaining its royal spirit. The interiors, furniture and the Khidmatgars with their uniforms will make you feel like living in a palace. The new train includes saloons, restaurant cum kitchen cars, service cars, bar cum lounge, library, bar, and a well decked spacious lounge.
Train Tour Programme:
• The Palace on Wheels India tour is a 7 nights’ program. The train leaves from Safdarjung railway station, New Delhi. Guests/ passengers are then invited to the bar cum lounge of the train and are served with complimentary champagne and welcome drinks.
• On the next day, it reaches Jaipur. Tourists will receive a royal welcome by elephant rides towards Jaipur City Palace, St. Albert Museum and Jantar Mantar (UNESCO has certified it as a world heritage site). And the tour of Jaipur continues by visiting Hawa Mahal, Hill Fort Palace of Amber, etc.
• On the 3rd day, your destination will be Chittorgarh where you will get to visit the Chittorgarh Fort and then Ranthambore National Park.
• The train will reach Udaipur on the next day. You will get to visit a number of cultural significance and historical monuments.
• Your palace on wheels tour will be continued on the 5th day by getting at Jaisalmer. The train will reach Jodhpur on the 6th day.
• Finally, your regal journey will end by getting back to New Delhi. On the way back, you will get chances to stop at Bharatpur and Agra. Watch the beautiful Taj Mahal there.
Attend a farewell ceremony by the train authority to end this grand experience of seven days palace on wheels luxury train tour India.
This entry was posted on December, 11, 2019 at 11 : 33 am and is filed under Palace On Wheels Tour. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response from your own site.
Hi! Simply click below and type your query.
Our experts will reply you very soon.